If you are planning to go to the hills, then Ranikhet is the perfect place for you. This cantonment town is located at the Kumaon range of Himalaya, in the state of Uttarakhand. The lush greenery and the abundant nature of this place will make you come back to this small hill station time and again.
For your stay, check out the 3 star hotels in Ranikhet. Once you are done with the hotel booking, make sure you don’t miss out these amazing temples and some of the must visit places of Ranikhet town. Keep reading.
- Jhula Devi Temple: This temple is located just 7km away from the main city of Ranikhet and is said to be 700 years old. The temple houses one of the many incarnations of Goddess Durga. This is a very popular temple of Ranikhet and is very much famous amongst the locals. Check out this temple!
- Mankameshwar Temple: This temple is located in the valley of Pithoragarh and is built and maintained by the Indian National Army. Check out the rich variety of flora surrounding the temple. Also, if possible, do check out the brilliant shawl factories which are there around the temple.
- Haidakhan Temple: This temple is located at Chidianuala Ranikhet. This temple was made by Haidakhan who is considered to be one of the many incarnations of Lord Shiva. This temple is also dedicated to Haidakhan. This revered person left his mortal remains at an early age, in 1984. Do check out this temple and look out for the local tales regarding the making of this temple.
- Chaubatia Orchard: This is a vantage point which offers breath-taking views of the surrounding valleys at Ranikhet. This Orchard is actually a Government Fruit Research plant which is famous for the apples of different kinds and tastes. This orchard possesses more than two hundred types of fruits and flowers. This place attracts maximum tourists during seasons. Do not miss this place by any means.
- Bhalu Dam: Once you are in Chaubatia Orchards, visit the Bhalu Dam which will fall on your way back to Ranikhet. This place is located just 3km away from Chaubatia Gardens and 11km away from Ranikhet. Check out the dense forest of the imposing English trees and the mesmerizing natural beauty of this lake. This lake was constructed at the early years of 20th century and is famous amongst the tourists. Do visit this place. Also, there are boating facilities available in this dam. Do avail them if you like!
- Majkhali: If you are in search of tranquillity and solitude, do visit this beautiful place. Majkhali is just 30minutes away from Ranikhet city and offers breath-taking views of Himalayan range. There is a forest nursery at this place which will also enrich you in many ways. Do not miss this place by any means.
Check out the hotels in Uttarakhand for your own convenience and make sure you have a grand trip ahead while fully exploring all the marvels of Ranikhet.