A liver is an essential part of the body responsible for carrying out the detoxification of the human body. The liver also helps the body in the synthesis of the proteins and also, in producing the essential biochemicals that help in the digestion.
It is not all; the liver has several other functions to be performed. If there is any damage to the liver, or if it cannot complete the necessary function in the body, the patient is supposed to consult a medical professional.
If liver failure is diagnosed in the early stages, then the treatment is possible with liver dialysis. However, if the patient is suffering from end-stage liver diseases or damages, then the treatment is possible only through the liver transplant.
For a liver transplant, you need a related donor. The surgeon retrieves a portion of the liver from the donor and repairs the damage in the patient. However, the procedure can be expensive in the top countries providing the treatment.
In case you are looking for an economical option, you can opt for Low Cost Liver Transplant in India.
Conditions that Call for Liver Transplant in a Patient:
In specific situations, it is not possible to treat the patient without a liver transplant; let us check what they are?
- If the patient is born with the problem in the liver disease, then it generally cannot be cured with the help of drugs, medicine or liver dialysis. Here, the patient has to undergo the liver transplantation for the healing.
- If due to certain disorders, scars are formed in your liver, the result is a hardening of the liver. The hardened liver cannot perform the necessary functioning of the organ. If the condition is diagnosed in the early stages, then the patient is suggested to undergo a few cycles of the liver dialysis. However, it is observed in most of the cases; the cure is not possible with the non-surgical ways, and finally, the cure is transplantation of the organ.
- One of the other conditions, calling for a liver transplant, is an addiction to alcohol. Alcohol causes extensive liver damage, and no drug can help with the recovery.
- Liver Cancer is another disease that damages the liver ultimately. If the cancerous cells are multiplying at a high rate, then you will have to undergo the liver transplantation at the earliest possible. Else, it can prove to be fatal.
- Viral Hepatitis Infection is a disease that attacks the liver and results in the swelling of the organ. The damage caused to the organ results in the failure of the essential functioning of the organ. However, the cure is possible through the liver transplantation.
Total Cost of Liver Transplant in India is approximately 33,000 to 35,000. It is about 6 to 8 times less in comparison to the cost of liver transplantation in countries like the US, UK, Singapore etc.
So, if you are in search of a successful as well as cost-effective treatment, plan your medical tourism to India and undergo surgery at the earliest.