Bhopal is famously called the Lake City because of the presence of several artificial and natural lakes. Bhopal oozes tradition from its name. This city of Madhya Pradesh is exceptionally beautiful with a rich history. The city has many scenic views with luscious forests to add to its natural beauty. Other than the scenic beauty, the city has to offer tons of attractions, dining and shopping places. This makes Bhopal one of the popular tourist destinations in the country. This city was built on the remains of an ancient town called Bhojapal. In the year 1949, Bhopal became the Capital of Madhya Pradesh.
If you are planning a trip with your friends, Bhopal is one place you should seriously consider. Because of its rich heritage and beauty, you will be nothing less than awestruck. You may go out of time, but would not be able to exhaust everything that this city has to offer. If you are looking for a cheap hotel at Bhopal, you can try out some great deals in the internet. In this blog, you can check out the top 5 places you shouldn’t miss when you plan a budget trip to Bhopal.
- Bhimbetka Caves: These cave walls have numerous artworks telling tales of the upper Palaeolithic age and the medieval period. It is situated 45 kilometres away from the main city, and depicts the rich heritage of Bhopal City. Bhimbetka caves were accidentally discovered by an archaeologist named Dr. Vishnu Wakankar. It contains different rock paintings that are more than 15000 years ago. This extraordinary piece of artwork depicts the daily life of a man during that age. It is an UNESCO-listed site of World Heritage and one of the most popular tourist attractions. If you are planning a trip to Bhopal, this is one historical site that you absolutely cannot miss.
- Bhojpur Temple: This is an exquisite piece of art depicting the religious influence of the 11th It is an incomplete temple, and mysteriously nobody knows the real reason as to why it was never completed. Yet, it does not fail to mesmerize tourists with the extravagant carvings on the walls. It constitutes a Shiva Linga with a jaw dropping 18 feet height and 7.5 feet circumference.
- Gohar Mahal: Gohar Mahal is famous for being built by the first woman ruler in Bhopal and is a matter of pride to the city. It displays a unique combination of the Hindu and Mughal architecture.
- Taj ul Masjid: It is one of the largest mosques in the Asian continent. With an immense height of 206 feet and area of 23312 square feet, is a place worth visiting.
- UpperLake: It is the largest lake in the state and belongs to the 11th People believe that its water has the ability to cure many skin conditions. It also constitutes an island in the centre. It is a beautiful site to boat during the sunset.
If you are visiting Bhopal, you must pay a visit to these places at least once. Book your comfortable stay in advance from the many Bhopal hotels present in the heart of the city.