When the eyes are not moisturized with the amount of tear/water which is the basic requirement of the eye it is known as dry eyecare. Due to the lack of hydration or the tear in the eye makes it irritated and might affect the visual senses of a person. If proper care and medication are not allotted for the eye then the cornea of the eye might be affected.
Tips To Take Better Care Of Your Eyes:
- Artificial eye hydration: Keeping the eye hydrated with the help of eye drop is an effective way of taking care of the dry eye.
- Humidifiers: Humidifiers are devices that actually help in retaining the humidity of the eye henceforth using that as a source to keep your eye hydrated is an excellent way to fight the dry eye.
- Outdoor precautions:, it is advisable that people who are suffering from a dry eye syndrome should take precaution, such as, wearing sunglasses and using methods to protect the eye from the dry wind or direct sunlight.
- Blinking or treating your eye during work: Doing any work that involves the eye for a longer period of time such as reading, try to close the eyes once in a while.
- Laptop screen contact: The contact with the computer or laptop monitor should be below the level of the eye as direct contact will affect the eye.
- Smoke must be avoided: Prohibiting the eye from the contact of smoke should be followed. Trying not to smoke is altogether a good idea to prevent dry eyecare.
- Operations: There are methods to avoid treating the dry eye; specialists to treat the dry and surgical operations can also be availed to reduce the suffering of dry eye/eyes.
- Compressed heat: Compressed heat is a good method that will help in taking the care of the dry eye.
- Keeping the eyelids clean: Eyelids might get scratchy or dry. In order to avoid that, do keep the eyelids clean.
- Dry eye diet: Omega-3 fatty acid diet like seafood, salmon, halibut, and sardines.
- Using wrap-around glasses: In the era where spectacle fashion has hiked, wrap around glasses are easily available. Buying such glasses is a nice option.
- Reduction in exposition to air coolers or heaters: Do not expose the dry eye much into heaters and air conditioners.
- Dry eye treatment: When the basic care options are not yielding proper results and there is the inflammation of the cornea. Here are some tips for the dry eye treatment: light therapy, eye drops that will reduce the inflammation of the cornea. Medicines that will take care of the cornea inflammation, using artificial tears sources, medicines that will activate tear gland and help in keeping the eyes hydrated.
Intensely pulsed light treatment removes the hair but it is also used to decrease inflammation that occurs by beside the rim of the eyelids that actually helps in a better functioning of the Meibomian gland.
Thermal pulsation is an apparatus that uses the heat and light pressure on the Meibomian gland which will enable the flow of the oil in the eye and prevent dry eyecare.
These are the different methods that can be used for dry eye syndrome. With proper treatment and care, dry eye can be reduced which will reduce the risk of chronic eye diseases in the near future.