During your trip to Coorg, one could choose to stay in a resort or a hotel but these days most people prefer homestay over resorts and hotels. We will tell you the reasons behind this new trend? And we will also tell you how homestay, particularly in Coorg Karnataka, is advantageous in many ways than a stay in a hotel or a resort.
About Coorg Hill Station
The Coorg is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful Hill Stations in India. The Homestay in Coorg leaves a long lasting impression on the body, mind and the soul and one never want to leave the place. There are alluring mountains, verdant coffee plantations and such picturesque locales that make it one of the most preferred travel destinations in the world. The breathtaking beauty of Coorg has given the nickname Scotland to this place.
Tips to Follow to Make the Most Out of a Homestay in Coorg
The homestay in Coorg really provides you with a homelike environment. You walk around in your underwear in the same way as you walk in your home. Because you are paying for a room in a house not any hotel or a resort.
- It has been commonly observed that people contact the host for the self-introduction but this is not the correct way of introducing yourself to the host. Instead, fill out your profile with accurate info and a photo and show it to the host. The host will review your profile and if he/she finds it better, it becomes more automatic to be accepted.
- Most hosts have kept descriptions about their apartment or home available. Read the description in detail to know about the services provided by the host. You will come to know that is the host providing you with the services like TV and Wi-Fi. And if the host is providing the services, how much extra it will cost. And for accommodating additional people, how much more money the host will charge you.
- Ask questions to the host because you may be expecting certain services that the host may not be providing.
- The overly social interaction with the host can prove a bane more than a boon.
- At the time of leaving, leave an honest feedback. A constructive review will always increase the trust level between the guest and the host. For example, if you found the place dirty or any other problem, the constructive feedback will make the host to improve his/her services in the future.
During your stay in Coorg, engage in conversations with the host over breakfasts, lunch and dinner and discuss life, politics and the culture of the place that will help you learn more about the place. Try to learn the language of your host. This will become possible when your ear is constantly being attuned to a new dialect and your tongue practice new words.
During your homestay you are able to understand even a small bit of the local language, it will prove helpful for you to understand the local culture and traditions.
It is good to become friendly with the host during your homestay in Coorg but not at the cost of his/her privacy. Some hosts love the social interaction with the guests around the world but that does not mean you will stick like a bamboo to your host
In short the Best Homestay Coorg provides you with an environment in which you experience the true meaning of the culture and the ethnicity of a place, State or Country. The homestay in Coorg takes you more close to nature.