Mostly, people prefer having a fireplace in their living space. During the cold winter nights, the soothing effect one can get from a fireplace is incomparable. With the passage of time, different variants are introduced into the market of the fireplace. However, if you want to get the best results then go with the idea of a customized fireplace. A customized fireplace can allow you to come up with the best option within your budget.
The idea of customized fireplace allows you to choose the size, shape, and design as per your personal preference. You can pick a size that goes well with the dimension of your living room. Likewise, you can select a shape that adds aesthetic value to your living space. You can select the materials used in the fireplace, as per your budget. Hence, there are numbers of benefits associated with the custom fireplaces. In this regard, you can check out the tips mentioned below, which will help you to come up with the apt custom fireplace for your home.
Custom fireplace related tips you can follow
- The selection of fireplace surround definitely matters a lot. So, when you choose a fireplace surround, go with the idea of metal-based surrounded painted with black colour. You can also consider a glamorous black slate for an elegant look. However, choosing a ceramic tile is not a great option.
- The concept of mirror-over-fireplace always works when it comes to adding an element of style to your living space. If you prefer a modern look for your home, then this trick can work like a charm. The style or design of mirror you select for this purpose will determine the end result. So, choose carefully.
- When building a customized fireplace, it is better to abstain from the idea of using a mantel. Instead, you can use stone-based surround for a sleek and rustic look. It would be even better if you cover up the ceiling as well with the stones.
- If you are willing to spend a little more on your customized fireplace then you can choose iridescent glass mosaic tile, as it would turn the fireplace into a wonderful piece of jewel. If you look into the market of iridescent glass mosaic tile, you will get tons of options to select from.
- If you have a penchant for antique elements for your home décor, then you can visit a few salvage stores, from where you can purchase antique looking mantels at affordable rates. You can transform that mantel into a beautiful one with the help of lacquer and satin.
- In case, you want to make the fireplace the centre of attention then go with a large sized fireplace. If you plan to purchase a readymade fireplace, you might not easily come across a large size because they are not much in demand. So, if you want to impress your guests then a building a large fireplace is a good idea to stick to.
- Limestone always looks great for a classic appeal. In this regard, you can consider limestone, as the material for your fireplace surround. Moreover, you can match it up with a modern wood mantel. You will simply love the end result.
- For a bold appearance, you can go with the option of a plastic and a daring paint colour for your fireplace. Nevertheless, the colour will go well with the look of your living space.
So, these are some of the few tips that you can follow in order to build a custom fireplace for your home and make it look appealing.