Coir rugs have been used in India and China for centuries but in other parts of the world, these rugs have lately started making an impression. There are many reasons that coir rugs have gained popularity in less time across the world. One of the crucial reason is embracement of more natural, eco-friendly and renewable building materials. People are going green with the structure material then why won’t they do the same when it comes to decoration, especially when they do not have to compromise with the looks! From green flooring to LEED standards, people are taking initiatives.
Apart from rugs, another thing which is on the rise is natural fiber carpeting. However only a few people are aware of the same and those who are aware of it, they know about other natural and renewal sources such as sisal, jute, wool and are oblivious to coir. Coir, made from coconut husks, is increasing in demand for carpeting material. People are recognising the potential of Floorspace coir rugs and carpets due to its following benefits and thereby augmenting its demand. In fact, coir is not only used for carpet making; it is widely used for the purpose of packaging and making ropes, brushes, insulation panels, sacks.
- Coir carpets and rugs are made by hand thereby employing many people. No machines are used and therefore environment remains unaffected.
- As mentioned before, coir is obtained from the husk of coconut and it requires negligible efforts to produce. Moreover, it is a renewable resource.
- Coir is a water resistant fiber. A coir carpet or rug can be used in the bathroom or any other such area which has access to water.
- In fact, its natural color makes it dust resistant as well. Dirt and dust particles are easily trapped in it.
- It is a durable material and it makes it suitable for high traffic area. Therefore, it can be used in living room, hallway, or any area more prone to people and dust.
- Coir has such natural properties that it also acts as an insect resistant.
- Coir has sound insulation properties as well, especially for noise.
However, there is only one disadvantage of coir due to which people at times take a back step from purchasing it. Coir is not fit for the area which has access to children because it has a rough texture and a hard wearing. It won’t feel comfortable in bare feet.
It is really important to know the pros and cons of the material of which you are going to buy the carpet or rug. After all, it must go with the décor. You should be able to utilize it for the purpose for which it is purchased.
Since you are confident of what exactly you want you must visit Floorspace.com.au and choose your favorite piece. In fact, even if you aren’t sure you can go through their collection and you might find what you have been looking for! In case you desire few modifications in your chosen carpet or you didn’t find the desired one, you can create the same on your own. Floorspace is providing its customer with the option of ‘create your own rug’ and it will deliver the same at your doorstep.