Coimbatore happens to be the gateway for the queen of the Nilgiris in South India – Ooty or Udhagamandalam. The distance between Ooty and Coimbatore is about 85 kilometres. The best Coimbatore to Ooty tour packages offers you all the options of going to Ooty from Coimbatore by train or bus. However, the former will give you the unique experience of travelling on the Nilgiris by the Nilgiri Mountain Railway route. It gives you one of the most beautiful natural scenic journeys that there can be.
Best Ways to Travel from Coimbatore to Ooty
- The best option to travel from Coimbatore to Ooty is by train. The train route can is dissected into three parts:
- Coimbatore to Mettupalayam by broad gauge rail
- Mettupalayam to Coonoor by metre gauge train
- Coonoor to Ooty again by metre gauge rail.
Coimbatore is the axial point in this journey as it is connected to the rest of the country. The real beauty of the journey starts at Mettupalayam, where you board the metre gauge train and the train passes the land between Kallar and Coonoor. Here, it rises the steep ascent and the adventure is simply mesmerising. The distance covered here is 46 kilometres and the time it takes is around 2 hours 20 minutes.
Now that you have crossed the most romantic and hard part of the journey, you are to start on the third lap. In this stretch also, you are to experience some of the rare adventures of climbing mountains on rails, and the beauty all around are a feast to the eyes.
The best trains to opt for are the Nilgiri Express in the broad gauge and then the Nilgiri Mountain Train in the metre gauge.
- The next best option to reach Ooty from Coimbatore, which is also offered by many tour packages from Coimbatoreto Ooty is by availing of the bus services from Coimbatore. The availability of buses is easy and all these buses start from the New Bus Stand or the Ooty Bus Stand.
There are many types of bus services available. You can opt for the:
- Regular public bus service that leaves every 15 minutes with the first one starting in the early morning, and the service running into the midnight.
- You can also opt for a bus to Mettupalayam and then a connecting bus to Ooty.
- There are also special Volvo bus services that you need to book in advance. Browse the Net for these comfortable bus service.
Attractions in Ooty – How Can a Good Tour Operator Help
There are many tour operators who offer Coimbatore to Ooty tour packages. You may rely on the most experienced tour operators for some magical moments in Ooty. Cradled in the Western Ghats, Ooty offers some of the most sensuous beauties of the nature. If you want to spend some days in total peace, away from your busy life, then Ooty is your most suitable destination, as it offers a serenity that you have never experienced before.