The disease itself is such a big threat that it almost make you go trembled on your knees. But, there is a saying: ‘precaution is better than prevention”. So, knowing about the disease will prepare you to face if you ever face that misfortune. Once you know more about the disease and the cost of brain tumor treatment in India, you can prepare for that if someone you know has this trouble. At the beginning, you should know what brain tumor is and how does it make your life a misery.
Brain Tumor- Definition
The human brain is made of glial cells and meninges and they are all responsible for whatever work you do. Primary brain tumors can be benign or malignant. If the medical report says malignant, that means the brain tumor is turning towards cancer. Usually, primary brain tumors affect brain tissues at first. But, if there are any cancerous tissues in your body, it will grow faster and spread cancerous cells to your brain and continues to grow. Such tumors are known as secondary or metastatic brain tumors.
Some Important Facts about Brain Tumor
All brain tumors are not malignant. If treated early, that can be cured. Here are some essential facts you should know about brain tumors. Read on to know more-
- Brain tumors can happen at any age.
- If you have a family history of brain tumor or if you have ever exposed to ionizing radiation, a brain tumor can happen.
- The most common types of symptoms of brain tumor are a headache. Other than that, you may feel the tingling effect on your arms or legs, numbness, memory problems, walking problems, losing balance, seizures, nausea, vomiting and even changes in personality.
- Doctors define the stage of brain cancer by grading them. It is done by checking the size and growth of cells under the microscope. The higher grade means the cells are appearing abnormally and aggressively.
- In kids, the most common type of brain tumor is Medulloblastoma, Ependymoma, Astrocytoma (grade 1 or 2) and brain stem glioma.
- Adults often suffer from primary brain tumors, like Meningioma, Astrocytoma, and
- Treatment of brain tumors is started by neurologic exam, CT Scan, angiogram, MRI, spinal tap and finally, biopsy.
- The treatment of brain tumor is started depending on the type, location, age and the size of the tumor.
Types of Treatment for Brain Tumors
Low-grade tumors (Grade 1 and 2) are not much aggressive and those can be treated by initial monitoring and then the surgery is followed. Higher grade tumors spread rapidly and those are difficult to remove. Surgery is required, but certain additional treatments, like chemotherapy, radiation and clinical trial are followed. Other treatment options of higher grade tumors are-
Radiation Therapy– radiation and X-ray can destroy cancerous cells and prolong the tumor growth.
Targeted Therapy– The affected cells are targeted and destroyed.
Chemotherapy– Drugs are used to kill dividing cells. Patients can take oral medicines or it can be given intravenously.
So, these are certain details you want to know about a brain tumor. Once you know the cost of brain tumor treatment in India, you can compare it with different places and start the treatment without making any delay.