The kitchen is not only one of the most functional corners of the house but it also happens to be the socialising corner of your home. Naturally, you have to take good care of your kitchen as it goes without saying that it is a portrayal of your sense of aesthetics and your sensible taste. The kitchen is not only one of the most functional corners of the house but it also happens to be the socialising corner of your home. Naturally, you have to take good care of your kitchen as it goes without saying that it is a portrayal of your sense of aesthetics and your sensible taste. But when you are constantly using your kitchen for hangouts, cooking as well as dining then the chance of it getting messy, is pretty high. So here are some tips that will help you to keep one of the busiest rooms of your house tidy and efficient.Just spare a few minutes and read on to get the ideas that can give a whole new look to your existing space.
- Use Wall Space Wisely – This is one of the smartest ways of saving more space. You can go for built-in-display pieces and can take the cabinets to new heights. This way they are inaccessible from the ground, but you can use a rolling ladder to reach them. These are the places where you can store the rarely used appliances or chic display pieces that you do not utilise often. If you are opting for glass-front cabinetry then it will also enhance your kitchen eccentrics in a great way.
- Fit in New Furniture – If you need more space than the cabinets in your kitchen, then install the stand-alone pieces of furniture. They take minimum space and serve a lot of purposes. You can choose something that meets your needs at that moment. What’s more you can move it anytime in future when you do not want it.Go for 2-in-1 Pieces – This may be true for any room but is most applicable for your kitchen. You have to make the most of every built-in or stand-alone piece in your kitchen. Let’s take for example that you have a banquette seat. In that case, you should customise it to have drawers. You can use them for stowing towels. You can also build the nooks in the optimum size to accommodate the cookbooks so that they do not remain strewn over the countertops and thus, save space.
- Hang Utensils and Pots – You can free up a lot of cabinetry and drawer space by hanging your pots and utensils. You can install an organisational strip for suspending spatulas, spoons and whisks as well as pot-racks for the large skillets and small or mid-sized pots.Use the Countertops for Storing Snacks – Most people clutter the countertops with small appliances, utensils or display pieces. But instead of doing that, you should start stowing these items inside of the cabinetry and think of bringing out the snack items. You can use clear canisters for storing the crackers, pretzels and cookies which will help to add a new charm to your kitchen interiors. Another advantage of this is that it will keep the items within reach.
- Build an Island – Adding an island is one of the wisest storage solutions for your kitchen. In today’s contemporary kitchens, installing an island is one of the most popular trends. An island is one-time solution to a number of issues. You can utilise it for storage, for installing a prep sink, for dining as well as for housing appliances.
- Consider Custom Organisers – Your kitchen interiors can be modified for installing custom organisational pieces. Pull-out racks for everything from snacks and spices, pans and pots can be fitted into the cabinets. This way things will be in order and can also be located very easily.
The above are some the kitchen interior design ideas that you may implement to make the most your available kitchen space. Once you try any of these ideas you will get an idea of how much space you can save if you design the hearth of your home in a smart and efficient manner.